The Allegheny County Immunization Coalition is Western Pennsylvania’s leading resource for timely, accurate information on vaccines and immunization, and the diseases they prevent.
The 14th Annual Immunization Update was held on October 30, 2019.
Thanks to all who participated in this year’s educational conference!
Over 250 attendees participated in the 14th Annual Immunization Conference held at the Monroeville Convention Center. The conference is a vital educational and informative networking event.
2019 Poster Review Session
New this year was an opportunity to share additional scholarly work regarding immunizations within Western Pennsylvania. The four inaugural posters and their presenters are shown below. Based on the overwhelming response to this new addition, we will look to further expand this educational exchange opportunity at next year’s program.
Final Comments from this year’s Allegheny County Immunization Coalition Conference:
On behalf of the Allegheny County Immunization Coalition (ACIC) Executive Board, we would like to extend a sincere Thank You for all who attended and participated in the 14th Annual Immunization Conference.
Without your help, the conference would not have been the success that it was.
We thank you for your support and sharing your expertise with all the conference attendees. Your help and assistance is helping everyone with our goal of achieving “Community Immunity”!
Everyone Needs Vaccines!
Immunization saves lives. It protects the lives of those you care about as well as future generations to come. Everyone benefits from vaccination:
- Children of all ages
- Health care workers
Working for Community Awareness!
Executive Committee Chair-Elect, Nina Tatar and other Infection Prevention colleagues are hard at work in the community promoting vaccination awareness. On June 29, 2019, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital hosted a lunch at the ReSolve Crisis Center. The volunteers provided, lunch, resources for preventing illnesses in our community, and FREE Hepatitis A vaccines. Are you passionate about spreading the word in the community? Please email email@example.com to get involved with ACIC at other community outreach opportunities in Allegheny County.
Reasons to Get Vaccinated
- Vaccine-preventable diseases still exist.
- Vaccines keep you healthy.
- Everyone deserves a healthy life and future.
- Healthy people can get sick too.
- Vaccines are safe and effective.
- Vaccine preventable diseases are expensive.
- When you get sick, others are at risk!
- Vaccines save lives.
- Immunizations have the power to protect.
- Saying no to vaccine is saying yes to disease.
- Immunizations protect everyone.
- High vaccinations rates benefit communities.
This site provides:
- Information you can trust
- School Immunization Regulations
- Resources for providers & pharmacists
- Helpful information for parents
- Calendar of Coalition events
- And much more!