The Allegheny County Immunization Coalition is Western Pennsylvania’s leading resource for timely, accurate information on vaccines and immunization, and the diseases they prevent.
Everyone Needs Vaccines!
Immunization saves lives. It protects the lives of those you care about as well as future generations to come. Everyone benefits from vaccination:
- Children of all ages
- Health care workers
Working for Community Awareness!
Infection Preventionists Nina Tatar (left above) and Alyssa Parr (right), are not only influenza activists at UPMC but also work hard in the community for vaccination awareness. On July 23, 2017 as part of Allegheny County Immunization Coalition efforts, the two provided the PA Department of Health regulations to parents of young school children at National Council of Jewish Women’s Annual Back 2 School store. Are you passionate about spreading the word? Use our Contact Form to get involved with ACIC at other community outreach opportunities in Allegheny County.
The 13th Annual Immunization Update Conference took place on November 1, 2018 – Thanks to everyone who attended!
See the 13th Annual Immunization Update Conference Brochure
Reasons to Get Vaccinated
- Vaccine-preventable diseases still exist.
- Vaccines keep you healthy.
- Everyone deserves a healthy life and future.
- Healthy people can get sick too.
- Vaccines are safe and effective.
- Vaccine preventable diseases are expensive.
- When you get sick, others are at risk!
- Vaccines save lives.
- Immunizations have the power to protect.
- Saying no to vaccine is saying yes to disease.
- Immunizations protect everyone.
- High vaccinations rates benefit communities.
This site provides:
- Information you can trust
- School Immunization Regulations
- Resources for providers & pharmacists
- Helpful information for parents
- Calendar of Coalition events
- And much more!